A Natural Paradise is Your Perfect Wedding Spot
Why not choose a natural and positively perfect setting for your wedding? Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve offers 170-acres of rolling hills in Goshen, Oldham County, Kentucky, about 25 minutes outside of Louisville. The Nature Preserve is a paradise for wedding couples, families and friends!
There are 9 miles of trails, year-round springs, a 206-year old Manor, an historic spring house, gazebos, a fire pit for roasting marshmallows, meeting facilities, fields for flying kites and playing sports, and beautifully landscaped gardens. The new formal Woodland Garden features thousands of native wildflowers and ferns, walking paths, and a stream meanders through the plantings.
It is natural that a wedding at the Preserve is “green” and nature-friendly. Couples are encouraged to plant a dogwood tree or purchase a “lovebird” bluebird box to symbolize their new union.
“It felt as though the trees were singing and as we looked around everyone had smiles on their faces—it was certainly a day to be remembered … it was perfect!“ – Happy newlyweds at Creasey Mahan!
Consider enjoying the natural paradise at Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve for your wedding day. To see photos of past wedding at the Nature Preserve, please go to our Multimedia, Photo Galleries page or click here.
To Reserve Your Special Day –
Wedding/Special Event Fees
Rental Fees – Grounds and Field House for an 8 hour period –
|1 – 50 guests||$750|
|51 – 100 guests||$1,250|
|101 – 200 guests||$2,000|
|201+ guests *||Special Quote|
The above fee includes the following –
- Eight hours of use
- Full use of the Field House and the immediate areas around the Field House, including the parking lot
- The agreed upon event area
- Photo areas, if pre-arranged
- A tent area, if needed and pre-arranged
- Limited and specific use of Creasey’s white tables and chairs
- Other areas may be included in the fees, as long as they are pre-arranged
*Note that if there will be 200 or more guests, then Creasey Mahan’s Wedding Coordinator is required at $30/hour.*
IMPORTANT: A 50% reservation deposit is required to HOLD the event date.
A FULLY REFUNDABLE $500 damage and cleaning fee is required.
Other Possible Options / Fees:
200-Year Old Mahan Manor plus 1 Attendant (attendant is required) $600
Rehearsal – possible additional fee determined by event $______________
Environmental/Damage Deposit determined by event $______________
Tent Privilege $150.00
If Additional Staff is requested or required $40.00 / hour
Security Guard, if needed $50.00 / hour
Special Electrical Requirements, such as running lines $80.00
Port-O-Lets, if needed $150.00 each
Our Favorite Full Service Event Rental Company
Green Weddings…Raise Awareness With Your Choices!
- Choose recycled paper for wedding invitations
- Select locally/regionally grown food and wines/breweries
- Use non-throw aways for serving food, ie: no styrofoam; use washable linens, glassware, and flatware, etc.
- Choose birdseed and bubbles in place of rice or glitter
- Encourage carpooling and cycling for guests and engage an old fashioned horse carriage in place of gas powered vehicles
- Do not use pyrotechnics
- Plant a tree, adopt a tree, sponsor a birdhouse, or organize a day of service
- Offset your carbon footprint with a tax deductible donation to an environmental non-profit organization